Amarok

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Sep 3 16:02:34 BST 2018

Hi Richard,

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 at 02:24, Richard Coffey <richardcoffey27 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey there
>

> Just wanted to drop an email to the team to say well done on a great music
> player so far – I was using MusicBee up until today but I like this Amarok
> player better.

Nice to hear you like it.

As others have said , it will be great when you can get the Equaliser
> running on the program, hopefully when the 2.9.0 Stable Version gets
> released.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about, as this depends on the
phonon backend, and only the vlc backend is available for Windows so far
which has no support for the Equalizer. The 2.9 stable will not come with
it either I fear.

> The sound level is a tad too quiet at maximum for my taste, even when I
> turn up my laptop volume to 100%.

Again, this does not depend on Amarok, unless you have activated ReplayGain
which could be responsible for tuning down the volume. The overall sound
volume depends on the underlying sound system which in this case is phonon.

Hope you continue to enjoy Amarok despite these shortcomings. We are
currently working on porting Amarok to the new framework necessary for
Plasma 5. The basics are done, but now we face the big task to port the
existing context view elements to QML which is quite some work.

Best regards,
Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org>