Gstreamer 1.0 based moodbar version available - feedback appreciated

Tuomas Nurmi tuomas at norsumanageri.org
Fri Mar 30 08:43:58 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!

As the moodbar generator software depended on the antique gstreamer
0.10, I worked on it a bit some time ago and got it ported and working
using the more recent gstreamer 1.0. I've done some preliminary edits
and linked the new version on the wiki page at
https://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/Various/Moodbar but as quite
notable fraction of the earlier information is outdated, I'd be happy
to hear some more feedback on the new version before doing any major
cleaning up of the page. The latest tagged release at
https://github.com/Mazhoon/moodbar/releases/tag/v0.1.4 should be
pretty equivalent to the old gst-0.10 based version (with some extra
bug fixes). Installation instructions are available at
https://github.com/Mazhoon/moodbar/blob/master/README.md and the usage
documentation on the wiki page should still be pretty much valid.

If no issues are reported in a week or two (and even better, if I hear
some extra "works for me"s), I'll probably clear the old dead links
from the wiki and replace with links to the new version.

Best regards
Tuomas
Mazoon @ FreeNode