Bugs in Amarok

Andreas Mahel andreas at mahel.net
Tue Sep 19 08:53:41 UTC 2017

On 16.09.2017 22:36, Therverson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running the default Amarok on OpenSUSE Leap 42.3 and the multimedia
> player Amarok does not play MP3s. I raised this since MP3 is one of the
> most widely used music formats, and any player worth anything should
> support MP3 formats.
>
> Thank you
>
> Therverson
> <mailto:%20therverson at yahoo.com><https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/UWCB-Thev>
> --- "Excuses are useless, Results are Priceless!"

Hi Therverson,
support for the various file formats is actually something done by the
multimedia back end, and not Amarok itself.
And the back end (I'd assume GStreamer in your case) and what's needed
to install that it can play mp3 files is more a topic for the distribution.
Therefore, I'd assume that posting your question to the general opensuse
mailing list (opensuse at opensuse.org) might get you the better answers.

/Andreas

--
Cahn's Axiom:
        When all else fails, read the instructions.