Merged view

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Jul 6 13:14:47 UTC 2016

Hi Mark,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Mark Fraser <mfraz74+kde at gmail.com> wrote:
> A while ago I posted that after upgrading to Kubuntu 16.04 and having had to
> fix a few things I was unable to delete tracks from Amarok.
>
> I have now discovered that I had "Merged view" selected and for some reason
> that means I can't delete tracks. What is the point of merged view and why
> does it remove the option to delete tracks?

The merged view allows to see all tracks from all sources in one. The
default view is not the merged one, though, the default shows each
music source separately.

Imagine you have music in your collection + several other sources like
a remoted share, a USB stick + a portable media player: in the default
view they all show separately, and all in one sorting in the merged
view.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org