Amarok - will not stop recording a stream

Phil phdsrq at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 20:13:55 UTC 2015

Dear Amarok and developers,

First, I must say that I truly love the wonderful Amarok music player,
Thank You. I have checked a lot of music players and music managers in Ms
Windows and Linux for a long time now, and I still think Amarok is the best
one I have found. I am currently running Linux Mint KDE 17.1 which I also
think is absolutely superb.

Secondly, I am having a problem when recording an Internet Streaming
station in that it will not stop "streamripper" from recording when I click
the stop recording button, even if I set a timer, even if I exit Amarok. I
have to logout, or bring up "Ksysguard" to kill the process, or it will
continue to record.

I finally found the program that controls this, which I think is Java
Script, in "/home/phil/.kde/share/apps/amarok/*main.js*". I can see the
code block on line 139 "function recStreamStop()" which should stop
"streamripper", which is not working on my system. But, I do not know how
to edit the code correctly, or what to put in there to stop "streamripper",
maybe "killall -9 streamripper", and where would I put that? If there is
some better method, or code, to do this? Please let me know.

function recStreamStop() {
  if (recording == true) {
    recording = false;
    timer.stop();
    rectimer.stop();
    callerProc.terminate();
    callerProc.kill();
    removeRelay();
*    killall -9 streamripper*
    Amarok.Window.ToolsMenu.mrecStream.enabled = true;
    Amarok.Window.ToolsMenu.recRadio.enabled = true;
    Amarok.Window.ToolsMenu.recWav.enabled = true;
    Amarok.Window.ToolsMenu.recStop.enabled = false;
  }
}

Thirdly, it would be very cool, and functional, and super convenient,  to
have the easy ability to put in multiple play and or recording start and
stop dates and times, and or daily schedules, for individual Internet
streaming stations, similar to "Kradio" 's Alarms, or an even better easier
"right click" a streaming station, "add timer" method; and obviously the
ability to manage and edit timers.

Fourthly, it would be really nice to have a direct "single-click"  way to
get to the "saved Playlists", "Amarok Database", and or "Playlist files on
disk" in an opened state (with the lists already displayed), on the
toolbar, or even a keyboard shortcut, and or maybe one or two icons
(launchers), at the top or bottom of the "current playlist"; and having
multiple playlist tabs and tab options in the currently playing playlist
would sure be great too.

Lastly, it would be also be nice, although not essential, to have Amarok,
be able to open and play videos (ex: music videos), even if it spawns an
external media (video) player which would require a configuration setting
somewhere, maybe a plug-in, or script.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Best regards to you and yours,

Phillip Duffer
Linux Mint Forum User: *phd21*

Sarasota, FL.
E-Mail: phdsrq at gmail.com

*Confidentiality Warning:* This e-mail contains information intended only
for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The sender does not
accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to anything,
including your data or computer system that may occur while using anything
contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail. Thank you.

*                   support Hydrogen Economy *

Support learning *Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics and the
(STEM)* Education Coalition which works to support STEM programs for
teachers and students everywhere. Make good minds greater!
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs.wisestamp.com%2Flinks%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fen.wikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FSTEM_fields>

[image: photo]
<http://plus.google.com/u/0/118127531567586534157>
Get a signature like this: Click here!
<http://ws-promos.appspot.com/r?rdata=eyJydXJsIjogImh0dHA6Ly93d3cud2lzZXN0YW1wLmNvbS9lbWFpbC1pbnN0YWxsP3dzX25jaWQ9NjcyMjk0MDA4JnV0bV9zb3VyY2U9ZXh0ZW5zaW9uJnV0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmdXRtX2NhbXBhaWduPXByb21vXzU3MzI1Njg1NDg3Njk3OTIiLCAiZSI6ICI1NzMyNTY4NTQ4NzY5NzkyIn0=>