Bug 333745 - Amarok exports unreadable playlists for other players...

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:19:48 UTC 2015

On Montag, 2. März 2015 21:05:01 CEST, Brian Blater wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Montag, 2. März 2015 17:19:50 CEST, Brian Blater wrote:
>
> It doesn't matter what I export it as (m3u, pls, xspf) it still contains
> the inserted characters. My point being that this used to work and didn't
> insert the characters before I upgraded to 14.04.

You missed the point: The file format does not matter.
A URL *must not* contain spaces. Not from amarok nor anything else.
There's nothing "inserted" - the URL encodes invalid characters.

Therefore the first and foremost question is whether the entries in question are URLs or not.
If they are, the behavior (whatever it caused) is correct, putting blanks in there would be a quirk for broken importers and the fix should really happen on the other client.

However, I just tried and audacious (3.6) itself exports properly encoded URLs (ie. " " is replaced by "%20") in M3Us and has no problem with importing them either.

=> I suggest to provide a troublesome playlist.

Cheers,
Thomas