wav files on OpenSuse 13.2

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Apr 24 13:25:52 UTC 2015

Hi Sergio,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Sergio Eusoft <sergio at eusoft.com.br> wrote:

> How do I do I hear .wav files on OpenSuse 13.2?
> See below, the messages that appear when I try to open the file "alert.wav".

I can play local wav files ok here on Kubuntu 14.10 with KDE 4.14.2
and Amarok from current git master, but also with Amarok 2.8

> ergio at linux-qgry:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/MetaTrader -
> ActivTrades/Sounds> amarok alert.wav

Did you try starting Amarok and the navigate to that file in the Files
browser inside Amarok?

> amarok(22059) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"
> refers to unknown mimetype
> "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12"

You should check your KDE installation, no idea why it tries to look
for excel-sheets mime types. But this is likley not related to the
error
 snip

> ** AMAROK WAS STARTED IN NORMAL MODE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE DEBUGGING
> INFORMATION, PLEASE USE: **
> ** amarok --debug
> **

as the above message states: you should start amarok in debug mode to
get a meaningful output.

> sergio at linux-qgry:~/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/MetaTrader -
> ActivTrades/Sounds> "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <lfm status="failed">
> <error code="6">
>     No user with that name was found
> </error>
> </lfm>

Could it be you do not have permissions to execute files on that
share? Apparently the system thinks the source is invalid, which
indicates a permission problem, not an Amarok one.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org