Syncing of amarok config directory

Wed Nov 26 08:25:30 UTC 2014

Hello,

I use git-annex (https://git-annex.branchable.com) to sync my music
collection. Now I also want to sync my amarok configuration.

On my home computer there is ~/Musik/Alben, ~/Musik/FLAC with music files,
and ~/Musik/Amarok which contains ~/.kde4/share/config/amarok* and
~/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/. The files/dirs in ~/.kde4 are symlinked there.

On my work computer ~/Musik itself is symlinked to a mount point. The files
in .kde4 are also symlinked to ~/Musik/Amarok, like on my home machine.

I sync the entire content of ~/Musik (musik and configuration).

When syncing from home to work (or the other way around) and launching
amarok afterwards it seems to have forgotten the entire collection including
the setting for collection folders. After setting collection folders again,
doing a complete rescan and restart amarok, everything is back in place,
including information that was added by the sync.

Conclusion is that syncing this way works perfectly, but always involves a
reset of collection folders and a complete rescan.

All path (like $HOME) are equal, so are amarok 2.8.0 versions on Arch.

Why is that? Is there any way to omit that?

I have diffed amarokrc, resulting in

[Collection Folders]
68=./florian/Musik/Alben,./florian/Musik/FLAC,./florian/Musik/Fun,./florian/Musik/Lieder,./florian/Musik/gekauft
70=./home/florian/Musik/Alben,./home/florian/Musik/FLAC,./home/florian/Musik/Fun,./home/florian/Musik/Lieder,./home/florian/Musik/gekauft

The line beginning 70 was added by my work computer. Why are they using
different base directories? (curiosity: what does this number means?)

But after two syncs the amarokrc does not change anymore and the collection
folders do not need to be set again. But a rescan still needs to take place.
Maybe due to the different base dir?

Thanks,

Florian