Test Failure after git Build

Justin Thomas jet_5060 at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 21:51:06 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I am new to the Amarok project, and was looking to take on some "junior
jobs" as an enty-level contributor.

A few days ago I was able to build from the latest source on git
master.  I ran the test suite using make test, and all tests passed
except for #54: testgenericscanmanager.

I stepped through the test in the debugger and eventually found that my
system installed "amarokcollectionscanner" was being called instead of
the on which was just built from source.

I get to GenericScannerJob::scannerPath() and find that my system
installed amarokcollectionscanner is being used after a search through
my PATH.  scannerPath() makes a check to see if there is a special path
to the amarokcollectionscanner for the test, but this gets skipped over.

Question:  Is the overrideUtilitiesPath property supposed to be set for
testgenericscanmanager?

Thanks,

- Justin
jet_5060 at yahoo.com