No subject

Wed Jun 18 07:44:19 UTC 2014

uniqueid per unique track and some tracks are actually not listed:
e.g.
mysql> SELECT * FROM uniqueid WHERE url LIKE '%Cold Water%Intro%mp3' \G
     url: ./home/colin/Music/Aim/Cold Water Music/01 - Intro.mp3
deviceid: -1
uniqueid: f4575b93e55a0cb1095ff870ac76cd61
     dir: ./home/colin/Music/Aim/Cold Water Music
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

But:
mysql> SELECT * FROM tags WHERE url LIKE '%Cold Water%Intro%mp3' \G
       url: ./audio/mp3/Aim/Cold Water Music/01 - Intro.mp3
       dir: ./audio/mp3/Aim/Cold Water Music
createdate: 1164990147
modifydate: 1111277784
     album: 203
    artist: 184
  composer: 1
     genre: 49
     title: Intro
      year: 9
   comment: Aim - Cold Water Music - 1/12 - Intro
     track: 1
discnumber: 0
   bitrate: 256
    length: 55
samplerate: 44100
  filesize: 1777802
  filetype: 1
   sampler: 0
       bpm: 0
  deviceid: 2
*************************** 2. row ***************************
       url: ./home/colin/Music/Aim/Cold Water Music/01 - Intro.mp3
       dir: ./home/colin/Music/Aim/Cold Water Music
createdate: 1203086177
modifydate: 1203086177
     album: 203
    artist: 184
  composer: 1
     genre: 49
     title: Intro
      year: 9
   comment: Aim - Cold Water Music - 1/12 - Intro
     track: 1
discnumber: 0
   bitrate: 256
    length: 55
samplerate: 44100
  filesize: 1777802
  filetype: 1
   sampler: 0
       bpm: 0
  deviceid: -1

This shows that I have this same file stored twice on my system (once on
my local disk (deviceid -1) and once on my NFS mount (deviceid 2).

But only one entry in uniqueid.

Looking at the uniqueid table in more depth, I see there is a unique key
on the uniqueid field. This means that it is impossible to store the
uniqueid from both locations of the same file at once. This means that
if you were to try and hide the duplicates in the collection browser, it
would be impossible to do so via reduction based on uniqueid (favoyring
the lower deviceid if duplicates are found).

Is perhaps the unique key in the uniqueid table a fundamentally broken
concept? I think there *should* be a unique key on the url and deviceid
fields for the uniqueid table.

I'm possibly doing something wrong, so thanks for any insights :)

Col