Deleting tracks

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Feb 26 09:23:22 UTC 2014

Hi  Søren,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Søren Nordhausen <soren at nordhausen.dk>wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Thanks a lot for all your dedicated work - I love your music-machine ;O)
>
> One thing I miss from older versions was to be able to delete tracks in
> the playlist. Now I have to find the track in my collection and delete it
> there. Any chance of this feature coming back in a future version?

That totally depends on how you want to delete a track, if you only want to
delete it from the playlist, just hitting delete when on the track should
be sufficient.

I don't know which earlier version you are talking about, but deleting a
track physically is something you can only do the way you describe it, in
all 2.x series versions up until the current one, 2.8.0

This will not change in the near future either, as the Amarok playlist is
not meant to be a file system editor but a play queue. You can delete quite
easily a track physically from the Collection Browser on the left, either
through the context menu accessible with a right click on the track, or by
using the Del button on the track directly which will move the file to
Trash. To erase it irreversibly you can also use the combination Shift+Del,
just be aware that you can't undo this.

Kind regards from Germany, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org