Amarok 2.8 Beta Release

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Fri Jul 5 13:55:52 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,
I'm happy to let you know that Amarok 2.8 Beta has just been released to the
public. This release boasts many improvements all over place, great amount of
bug fixes and behaviour corrections. It also should work with KDE 4.11 just
fine.

Please see http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.8/beta/1 for more details and
download options. We'd like to get a lot of testers to be able to release
*cough* (nearly) bug-free Amarok 2.8 final.

Translators,
Amarok is now in string freeze until 2.8 is out, we'd be happy to ship as many
translations as possible. Following languages that were included in Amarok
2.7(.1) need their teams to translate more strings to be included in 2.8:
Bosnian, British English, Punjabi.
We congratulate the Turkish team to be newly included. The Romanians could
also see their language included if they translate some more strings.

Fellow developers,
please mind the string freeze and definitely switch to bugfixing mode. We've
managed to get number of open bugs below 150, which may well be all-time-low
for the Amarok 2.x series. The goal is to release Amarok 2.8 with under 100
open bugs. :-)

Regards and thanks for all the work,
	Matěj