Amarok 2.6 frequent crashes

Alexander Puchmayr alexander.puchmayr at linznet.at
Sun Jan 6 08:22:50 UTC 2013

Hi there,

After the upgrade from Amarok 2.5  to 2.6, it crashes after a random amount of
time after starting the application. Sometimes it crashes in less than a
minute, sometime I can even play a whole album.

I've added the output of "amarok --debug" for analysis. The picture looks
different each time, some times (but not every time) I get the message

*** glibc detected *** amarok: malloc(): memory corruption (fast):
0x0000000002c85240 ***

Another common thing is that the last line I see in the debug-output has to do
something with ScanManager::checkForDirectoryChanges.

Any ideas?

Greetings,
	Alex