Amarok 2.6 frequent crashes

Alexander Puchmayr alexander.puchmayr at linznet.at
Sun Feb 17 16:47:22 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I've been very busy with other things last weeks, but finally I managed to
upgrade my gentoo system to kde-4.9.5 and amarok-2.7.0, and the relevant
packages compiled with USE="debug" and CXXFLAGS="-march=amdfam10 -O2 -ggdb"
and FEATURES=nostrip to prevent debugging symbols from being removed before
the final install.

There is still no improvement, i.e. amarok still crashes after a few minutes.
The crash log from

gdb amarok
(gdb) run -d --nofork

shows a SIGSEGV at different locations and different threads each time, which
indicates that the SIGSEGV is only a secondary symptom, and the actual bug is
somewhere else.

I installed valgrind and ran amarok with it, the result is appended to this
mail.

Greetings
	Alex