Amarok 2.4.3 Quirkiness or is it Just Me?

Abhinav Badola mail.abu.to at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 08:11:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM, newbie_linux <abihani at ymail.com> wrote:

> i am facing the same problem. i am behind a proxy but when i used amarok
> with
> kubuntu , it was working just fine but in ubuntu 11.04 its not working.

To make Amarok detect proxy settings in ubuntu, you need to access the
proxy tool that is used by amarok. Even I was facing a similar problem
earlier.
This is what I did to make it work.

1. Download and install Konqueror.

Set the proxy settings of Konqueror. It will automatically get reflected to
Amarok as well.

Hope this would help as it did work for me in Ubuntu 11.10

Regards,
Abhinav Badola