Amarok 2.4.3 doesn't write covers to the files

Arvind S Raj sraj.arvind at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:37:24 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,
I'm running Amarok 2.4.3 on Kubuntu 11.10. I've updated the covers for a
lot of albums and they're displayed in amarok but they do not get written
to the files. When I open the file in VLC, the old album cover is still
displayed. I've check the option "Write covers to file" in Settings ->
Configure Amarok -> Collection but Amarok still doesn't write it.

I installed the debug symbols and ran "amarok --debug --nofork" and here's
the output: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/563257/

I was told by Valorie in the IRC to not include the startup information but
wasn't sure how to do so and so have included all startup information. If
there's some more information required, do let me know and I'll definitely
provide them.

--
Arvind S Raj

B.Tech, Computer Science and Engineering(Final Year)
Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuri

http://arvindsraj.wordpress.com