[Feedback] Amarok crashes

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jun 11 22:32:51 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM,  <bobbyyg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bob Gamage sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> Ubuntu 12.04/Amarok2.5.0.
> No audio output at all and crashes when live switching from one song on
> playlist to another.
> Amarok PID: 2004 (or 2058) Signal:Segmentation fault (11)
> Audio output works in Audacity
> Worked OK before upgrade to 12.04
> Bug report won't install "debugging symbol packages" either

Please install the package called 'amarok-dbg' as well as 'phonon-dbg'
and 'phonon-backend-gstreamer-dbg'. You should also make sure you have
the necessary plugins installed for gstreamer.

Then please remove the file $HOME/.kde/share/config/amarokrc and try
to start amarok again. Make sure you do not activate the animation in
the Amarok settings, there is a bug in Amarok 2.5 causing this to work
correctly, solved in the upcoming Amarok 2.6

Once you have all these packages and made the modifications above and
it still crashes, please make a regular bug report to
http://bugs.kde.org, this is not really something that belongs to the
mailing list.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org