Amarok, 4.4.5;

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jan 2 14:39:38 UTC 2012

Hi Jeffrrey,

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 00:23, Jeffrey David Morris <
jeffreydavidmorris at yahoo.com> wrote:

> . . . uh, I DID. IT IS< as I emailed you: Please install the following
> packages: ubuntu-restricted-extras and kubuntu-restricted-extras.
>
> And AGAIN, I ask: WHERE are they, ie: instruction's, misc, what do I do,
> as I'm a newbie: Linux - Ubuntu - Gnome.

Did you even try to click on the Gnome Menu bar? Apparently not...

Please go to the upper panel and select the Gnome menu. The Ubuntu Software
Center is normally the last entry in the Applications section.

There you search for the package with exactly this name:
ubuntu-restricted-extras

It will ask you to enter your password (if you are the only user on this
computer) so you can actually install the package.

Then restart Amarok and it should be able to play mp3

Since you are a new user I strongly suggest you get yourself acquainted
with Ubuntu by checking out the ubuntu-manual: http://ubuntu-manual.org/

You can download it with the button on that website.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org