Amarok Icon

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Feb 23 15:44:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 08:14, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 18:18, Ken Vermette <vermette at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know you guys aren't looking for an icon to replace the existing
>> crystal-style icon, but I've prepared an oxygen style icon because the
>> existing Amarok icon doesn't match the general style of the Oxygen icon set.
>
> Are you aware that that icon is actually part of the logo and
> trademark of Amarok? It was never intended to be changed in any icon
> set.
>
> While your logo looks very nice I still think it is not suitable for
> Amarok as it suggest that Amarok is a CD player which is only a small
> subset of the Amarok functions.
>
> Regards, Myriam
> --
> Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community
> Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

I like it though, even if it does not fit with the current trademark.

Ken: you obviously know your way around a graphics editor. How do you
feel about doing some other artwork that we are currently missing.
For instance: we have background images for the browsers (media
sources panel) but not for the (if empty) context view nor playlist.
Such images would be really welcome to break the "ocean of grey"
effect when there is no content.
We sort of have a house style for those, but if perhaps you can make
the other images fit the oxygen style as well.

Bart