Cannot get Amarok to play without...

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Dec 30 10:41:38 UTC 2012

Hi Tom,

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 8:22 AM,  wrote:
> ...quitting, then restarting it.  I listen to SKYFM Classical Guitar
> and I am wondering why I have to do this quit-restart after
> playing.  It has also happened when pausing the sound.
> Are there any plans to fix this?
>
> Heinz57 computer with AMD64 at 3GHz
> 8GB of memory
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release:        12.04
> Codename:       precise
> Amarok 2.6.0
> KDE 4.9.4
>
> Let me know if more information on my computer/software
> is needed.

I presume you use the phonon-backend-gstreamer, please install the
phonon-backend-vlc and switch to it in the Amarok Settings -> Playback
-> Configure Phonon-> Backend tab, then restart KDE.

The gstreamer backend is infamous for its problems with streams
playback, unforutnately.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org