Volume Resets at Pause

Abhinav Badola mail.abu.to at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:16:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Justin Brown <justin.brown at fandingo.org>wrote:

> Ok, I've blown out my eardrums for the last time and have to write.
>
> I'm using Amarok 2.6.0 in Gnome 3.4.
>
> Every time I resume playing music after pausing a song, the volume
> maximizes. It's annoying when I'm using speakers, but it's physically
> dangerous when I'm using headphones.
>
> For example, I'm using my headphones at 22% volume in Amarok. I paused a
> song to talk to a coworker. When I resumed playing, the volume jumped to
> 100%, and my ears are still ringing.

It is the problem with phonon-vlc backend. Even in openSuse 12.1, it has a
similar effect, though in my case, it always brings the volume to 50% when
playback is resumed.

When I used Xine backend, it worked fine.

Moreover, the equalizer feature of amarok only works on xine backend. I
wish phonon-vlc backend could provide a similar support soon.

> Has this bug been reported? Is anyone working on it?
>
> From my perspective, this is a critical bug. I can't safely use Amarok.
>

> Cheers,
> Justin

Regards,