Amarok stops after playing track - new track doesn't start

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Wed Aug 15 13:51:40 UTC 2012

I'm using openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) with
  KDE:  4.7.2 (4.7.2) "release 5" on a laptop which has lately started giving
me a strange problem:

Using Amarok Version 2.5.0 I have a playlist selected, and after playing a few
files, Amarok stops going to the next file in the playlist.

I've been reading the many files on the internet about this problem and
have tried using Amarok 1.4 and Clementine which display the same problem. It
also happens whether I'm using gstreamer or vlc backends.

May it be related to my powersave settings, since it only occurs after the
screen goes dark when the laptop is left alone, just playing the files?

Normally, the laptop is plugged in so it's on performance setting, which has
the display dimming after 10 minutes, and screen energy saving after 10
minutes.  Suspend Session never occurs.

--
Bob Smits <bob at rsmits.ca>
"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the