Amarok 2.5: Collection empty after crash

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Apr 13 21:52:11 UTC 2012

Am Montag, 2. April 2012 schrieb Bart Cerneels:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 16:47, Martin Steigerwald <Martin at lichtvoll.de>
wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I wanted to send this as bug report, but as on trying to get
> > diagnostic information it suddenly worked again, I just write a mail
> > to here for now:
> >

> > I had this before, although it has been quite some time. Instead of
> > just deleting the whole database and starting from scratch without
> > understanding what has happened, I now want to understand whats
> > going on here.
[…]
> The playlist is saved to $KDEHOME/share/apps/amarok/current.xspf on
> exit. Is it possible that you have a crash on exit that prevents it
> from being written? Or perhaps a file permission problem?

I checked the file. It was rw-rw--- on my user and group, thus should be
fine. I also started and stopped Amarok on Konsole with kdebugdialog
everything on and also with --debug some times. I did not see any crash at
exit.

It might still be that a crash has been involved. But I cannot tell for
sure anymore.