git version yesterday

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 16:33:50 UTC 2011

On 10/23/2011 11:14 AM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2011, 10:21:41 schrieb Donn Washburn:
>> I have download and compiled yesterdays amarok.  It seems to lack any
>> connection to the volume control as to set the level.  Where can this be
>> changed.  I have looked Setting and find nothing.
>> Please note: This may be a alsa or KDE problem but Amarok's volume is
>> not able to be changed nor does mute.
>
> Amarok has its own, internal, volume, which does not reflect upon the system
> volume level (which I consider a good feature). It then outputs is sound
> according to its internal level, which is again influenced by the systm
> volume.
I agree it worked well until this version.  I didn't really like the
round control because it was hard to work with.  But this git versions
new control is nice but it doesn't work the system level here.  This
system is using snd-hda-intel as a driver.  It does not show any action
on kmix or pavucontrol.  And hitting mute fails to turn the sound off

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street    Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "