Question about mp3 Album art Lookup.

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Oct 11 15:31:01 UTC 2011

Hi there,

Cc-ing Rick as he is the cover expert. Please correct me if I am wrong.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 07:20, Me Myself and I
<stargate7thsymbol at live.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there a way, either per mp3 or generically, to prevent Amarok from even
> trying to look up
> the album art cover image for my purchased mp3s? I wish to stop certain ones
> from appearing in the play list area?

If the tracks have already an image associated to they will not be
changed anymore, provided the image is locally stored, ideally in the
same folder as the track are. Amarok looks by default for either
image.* or cover.* where * can be png or jpg IIRC.

> Is there a way to specify any image file one could want per mp3, on the
> playlist area?

The playlist only shows what the database and id3 tags of a file hold
but you can of course also set covers there (in the Album submenu of
the context menu) and/or edit track details.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org