Fedora 14 and Amarok - glitches/clicks between tracks

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun May 22 03:54:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I upgraded to F14 64 bit recently and now have glitching when playing
> back music via Amarok, only happens as the track changes but it's
> annoying. Used to be perfectly fine with Fedora 12 and earlier, never
> tried F13.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
>
> Brian Morrison
>
>                "I am not young enough to know everything"
>                                                          Oscar Wilde

It's always a good idea when running into playback sound issues like
these, to change phonon-backend, and see if that improves things.
Recommended are phonon-vlc, and phonon-gstreamer. phonon-xine is
deprecated. All are available as packages.

Settings > Configure Amarok > Playback > Configure Phonon: Backend tab

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez