A few Issues in Amarok 2.4.0 , using KDE 4.5.5

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat May 14 15:31:45 UTC 2011

Hi Ganesh and sorry for the late reply.

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:47, Ganesh Raghavan <rganesh27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have been using Amarok for over a year and a half, and its been a great
> experience, thanks!
> i liked the version just prior to the present one (2.4.0).
> I just updated to 2.4.0 a few days earlier, and there are some issues that
> i'd like to point out.
> 1) Any Song stops a few seconds earlier when an empty playlist is
> encountered.
> The Song is played completely otherwise.
> The situation is the same when the song played is the last in the playlist,
> or if a song is already being played and if you clear the playlist.

Which phonon backend are you using? You can change the phonon backend
and restart Amarok to see if that helps. Don't forget to install the
mp3 codecs for the backend you choose.

> 2) Amarok seems to be scanning my media collection every few minutes for
> changes. This was not the same previously.

That is not a bug, but on purpose. Just disable the "Watch folders for
change" option in the collection settings and do the updates manually
from the menu when you add files to the collection.

> 3) The place where amarok displayes Information on the file, earlier there
> used to be slight glossy buttons that would display the song, last played
> info, score and so on.., and i could click on it to play it directly. It was
> great!..now there is just a list that mentions the last played songs, but i
> cant even click them to play directly...:(

Hm, I don't really remember the previous versions that well, but the
"Now playing applet" is not really meant to search for last played
tracks, that is something you can do with the collection browser
filter.

We usually do not support to roll back to previous versions, as it can
break quite easily, but you should upgrade to Amarok 2.4.1 which came
out this week and brings a lot of bugfixes.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org