Playlist sharing using IM networks

Dhruv Patel dhruvkumarr.patel51 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 05:34:32 UTC 2011

Hello,

        I am student and willing to do following project in season of kde
program. I thought it's good to inform. Details are following:

*Brief explanation:* Amarok playlist sharing will allow to select a set of
tracks and share them with friends over chat. By using Telepathy lots of IM
networks are available including jabber, google talk, AIM, MSN and facebook
chat.

*Expected results:* A plugin will add a PlaylistProvider to Amarok that
enable the user to share via HTTP streaming (P2P) a playlist with online
friends.
A similar extention exists for Banshee: http://nloko.ca/?p=19 Compatibiltiy
with this would be big plus.

*Knowledge Prerequisite:* Qt/KDE development (includes C++ & git),
Telepathy, HTTP streaming and NAT traversal.
*Mentors:* Bart Cerneels or Ian Monroe (As mentioned on GSoC ideas page.)

Thanks,
Dhruv.