Simple view mode like in clementine?

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Jul 28 09:19:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 08:16, Christopher Stark
<christopherstark at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> somehow I didn't get an answer to this so I'll try again:
>
> I tried to configure the Amarok-Layout so it looks like popular programs
> like clementine or exaile (the classic layout with collection etc on the
> left and a regular table with columns and rows on the right).
> It took me hours to get this view working in amarok.
>
> My suggestion: It would be great if it would be possible to have a menu
> entry like "View" "Switch to classic layout" and this view appears...
>
> Would this be possible in the future? Are there already plans to do
> something like that?

No, and there are no plans to support it either.

We made the design decision to move away from the spreadsheet like
playlist and more to a queue of upcoming songs. While the PlaylistView
is very flexible it will never behave exactly as the one from Amarok
1.4 because it just is not intended to be. Some people decided that
type of playlist view was very important and so decided to start new
proejcts such as clementine.

We don't claim to be the only music player out there and will force no
one to use Amarok, neither will we feel offended if decide you like
clementine or exaile better.

Enjoy whatever free software music player you like best,
Bart