What Happened to my folders?

Andreas Mahel andreas.mahel at gmx.net
Sat Jan 29 09:44:26 UTC 2011

Am Freitag, 28. Januar 2011, 08:38:20 schrieb Bart Cerneels:
> I'm afraid folder in folder has not been possible since I radically
> re-factored the playlists code to allow for fancy stuff such as
> playlist synchronization and a common, efficient, architecture.
> The basic concept is now that playlists have labels and these labels
> are translated to folders, similar to how gmail does labeling. The
> Merged View of the saved playlists category is just a way to represent
> these labels as folders. Unfortunately, like gmail, we have the
> problem that multi-level folders are difficult to represent using
> labels, or at least the way our mapping from labels to folders is
> implemented.

Hey Bart,

sorry to hear that; I've also been waiting for multi level folder structures
to appear again. I'd strongly vote for going that extra mile.

One question, though: why should it be difficult to represent multi level
folders by simple string labels? Any folder in my file system can be
represented by a simple string: /foo/bar/xxx.
Of course, in this scenario, renaming such a "folder" might require touching a
lot more labels than only the ones of its direct content.

But, as I stated already, I'd be very glad if someone could and would go and
implement that.

Just my 2 ct

Andreas

--
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten.