SlipStream, erm, slips the stream

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:28:38 UTC 2011

On Friday 21 January 2011 09:20:37 Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Thomas Olsen <tanghus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I know, it was a bad pun ;-)
> >
> > Before reporting a bug I wanted to check if anyone else experiences this:
> >
> > My playlist usually contains a few (downloaded) podcasts and the a radio
> > stream at the end.
> > The podcasts play just fine - when one is over it goes on to the next in
> > the list. But when it goes on to the radio stream it kind of starts,
> > meaning that the OSD says it starts and the status line says it playing
> > but absolutely no sound..?
> > I have to manually start the stream to get it to play.
>
> First, what phonon backend are you using?

I'm using Xine. PA is installed as per default in Kubuntu 10.10. The problem
arose when I upgraded to Amarok 2.4. BTW: The same happens when the next entry
in the playlist is a non-downloaded podcast episode. Both plays normally when
I double-click on them.

> Next, you might try running Amarok from the console: amarok -d
> --nofork and watch the output when the sound shuts down. Is Pulseaudio
> giving up, if you have PA installed? Or is the backend or phonon
> itself reporting a problem?

I started Amarok, Double-clicked on a podcast episode in the playlist,
forwardet to close to the end of the episode. When the episode ended Amarok
showed on the OSD that it started playing the radio stream which was the next
in the playlist and the status bar showed that the stream was being played.
I waited 2-3 minutes.

Following is the output from amarok -d --nofork

http://paste.ubuntu.com/556454

dmesg reported nothing neither /var/log/syslog. Does PA have a separate log
file?

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L