What Happened to my folders?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Jan 15 09:20:25 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Bob Smits <bob at rsmits.ca> wrote:
> I'm having trouble using folders in Amarok 2.1.1 that comes with OpenSuse
> 11.2.
>
> What I normally do is split my playlist files like this....
>
> Sounds/Music/Rock/Beatles and then add all my Beatles albums playlists to that
> folder.
>
> I can't seem to create a folder within a folder anymore.
>
> Is this fixed in later versions?

Hey Bob,

Amarok 2.1.1 is really old. It would not surprise me if it had the bug
that you described, and many more.

We are about to release Amarok 2.4.0 very soon (like, very!). You may
want to try this version, as the improvements compared to 2.1.1 are
fairly major.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting