Remote NFS (Dynamic Collections)

Peter C. Ndikuwera pndiku at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:36:56 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have an NFS server with 250GB of music. But when I start amarok I see
this:

amarok:     BEGIN: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const
QString&)
amarok:       Device udi:  "/org/kde/fstab/pegasus:/media/music"
amarok:       Device name:  "/media/pegasus"
amarok:       BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const
QString&) const
amarok:         [MediaDeviceCache] Not able to convert to StorageAccess or
not accessible, returning empty
amarok:       END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const
QString&) const [Took: 0s]
amarok:       Mount point:  ""
amarok:       vendor:  "/media/music" , product:  "pegasus"
amarok:       BEGIN: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const
QString&) const
amarok:         [MediaDeviceCache] Not able to convert to StorageAccess or
not accessible, returning empty
amarok:       END__: const QString MediaDeviceCache::volumeMountPoint(const
QString&) const [Took: 0s]
amarok:     END__: virtual bool UmsConnectionAssistant::identify(const
QString&) [Took: 0s]

Solid reports this:

*> solid-hardware details '/org/kde/fstab/pegasus:/media/music'*
udi = '/org/kde/fstab/pegasus:/media/music'
  parent = '/org/kde/fstab'  (string)
  vendor = '/media/music'  (string)
  product = 'pegasus'  (string)
  description = '/media/music on pegasus'  (string)
  StorageAccess.accessible = true  (bool)
  StorageAccess.filePath = '/media/pegasus'  (string)
  StorageAccess.ignored = false  (bool)

Any idea what's going on here? I can't import my NFS music into Amarok
because every time I disconnect from the network, everything from my NFS
server is removed from the collection.

Thanks

Peter

"Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length"
-- Robert Frost