flacs "skipped"

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Feb 15 17:22:53 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 15:36, Thomas Klausner <wiz at netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 02:49:55PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>> When trying to open the Phonon Control Panel, amarok just hangs and
>> the panel never opens. Not good.
>
> Ok, it just took a VERY long time.
> I see two devices, "OSS default output" and "sun".
> Mouseover for the first:
> The Platform Plugin failed. This is a fallback device to use the first
> OSS device available.

That sounds like a problem with Phonon, not with Amarok. Could you
please ask in #phonon on irc.frenode.net or on the
kde-multimedia at kde.org and phonon-backends at kde.org mailing lists?
Amarok doesnt handle sound itself but delegates it to Phonon

> For the second:
> xine audio output plugin using sun-compliant audio devices/drivers

Yep, this confirms my affirmation above: it is a Phonon problem. I am
sure the Phonon people are the ones who can help you best.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org