Some (but not all) files missing from collection [v2.4-git on WinXP, KDE 4.5.4]

Don Levey amarok at the-leveys.us
Thu Feb 3 17:32:53 UTC 2011

The subject line sums it up: I have a number of files and directories
within my collection tree that for some reason don't get added to the
collection database.  The entire lot is under the f:\music directory,
and most get scanned/added.  I can find, and play, these files when
looking under the "files" view.  It's not that the files are being
misclassified under a different artist; I don't see them at all.

Any thoughts on what to do, or where to look for further information on
how to diagnose?  Thanks in advance,

 -Don