Contribution and Mentorship Request.

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Mon Dec 26 14:05:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 14:18, Parthasarathy Gopavarapu
<gparthasarathy93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am studying my second year in Computer Science at IIT Madras, i have a
> little experience with Qt and Python. I have talked to Vishesh Handa during
> a Workshop in our institute and since, I wanted to get involved with a KDE
> project, I chose Amarok and Nepomuk. Regarding my plans, as of now I would
> like to help and get help from the team.

Cool.
I'd advise the following.
1) See [1] to get Amarok's sources and build them.
2) Check out this list [2] of all the bugs currently reported for
Amarok, pick some and submit a fix. If you'd like some easy ones to
get you started, this [3] is a list of what we call Junior Jobs.
3) You're encouraged to join us on irc.freenode.net, channel #amarok .
If you get stuck at some point, don't be afraid to ask in the channel
or even ping one of the operators. Also if you get stuck or if you
pick a harder task we can assign someone to mentor you, but we can't
do that until you pick a task and try it.

[1] http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2009/09/compiling-amarok-from-git-locally-full-summary/
[2] http://tinyurl.com/allamarokbugs
[3] http://tinyurl.com/amarokjuniorjobs

Cheers,