Amarok not taking account of m4a files when creating playlist files.

Joerg Mertin smurphy at solsys.org
Mon Dec 26 08:53:36 UTC 2011

Hia folks,

sorry, I'm no list member. However as I did read I can psot to this list
even if not member, I take my chances.

Since I have installed Amarok 2.5 2 days ago, my playlists, I usually
convert using a python script from the iTunes Library.xml file, won't
display any m4a files when selected.
All existing mp3 files that are in the m3u-playlist will show up, but
Amarok will constantly remove all m4a files from the files it will display.

When I then go to some of the files on the Disk, I can play m4a files
without a problem. That works. I also displays these files etc.

BTW - when I start Amarok, it first take 10 Minutes to put the CPU/Disk
at full load. I really have to wait. On the older version (as provided
by KUbuntu 11.10), I could go to "tools/update collection" to make that
load go away ...

Anyway, just wanted to notify it.

Merry christmas to all of you .. :)

Cheers
Joerg
--
In any problem, if you find yourself doing an infinite amount of work,
the answer may be obtained by inspection.