Help regarding project

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Dec 20 13:52:25 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 21:14, Panks <pankajxdx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> This is Pankaj, I am a second year CS student at Indian Institute of
> Technology, Madras.
> I am interested in contributing to Amarok.
> I would like to work upon the Project: Playlist sharing which was one of the
> ideas for gsoc 2011.
> Since, I am new to KDE, I would like someone to mentor/help me along with
> the project.
>
> Credentials: I have knowledge of C++ and Qt. I also use git frequently for
> all my projects. I have use telepathy but haven't gone into development side
> of it.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -- Panks

Hi Panks.

I'll need to review the proposal (that I wrote earlier this year, but
have short memory ;) ) and probably adjust it to fit the current state
of amarok. Just know that I'm aware of it.

If you want to learn something useful without fully committing to this
project I suggest you learn about and experiment with Telepathy
(http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/) and perhaps see if the
Banshee implementation (linked to in the proposal) is useful.

Bart (Stecchino on irc.freenode.org #amarok)