[Feedback] Amarok not working

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Dec 1 08:54:58 UTC 2011

Hi Reinaldo,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 18:37,  <reychino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Reinaldo Zapata sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
>  I really like this application to manage my music. Few days ago Amarok
> didn't work any more and I already tried all the solutions shown in the web.
> Also I unistalled and installed again (to the last version) and still the
> aplication didn't work.
>
>  I installed the debug symbols and tried to use them but I wasn't able to
> use then in the right way. In the following lines I pasted the report that
> apears every time I start Amarok.

Well, apparently you don't have the debugging symbols for Amarok
installed as the backtrace indicates. What distribution do you use?
Depending on the distribution the package is called amarok-dbg or
amarok-debug, in Gentoo you need to install Amarok with the debug
flag, see also http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/How_to_create_useful_crash_reports

>  Thanks!
> ---------------------
> Application: Amarok (amarok), signal: Segmentation fault

> Thread 1 (Thread 0xb64bd720 (LWP 16221)):
> [KCrash Handler]
> #7  0x00e8a37f in ?? () from /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1
> #8  0x00e8a5a1 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1
> #9  0x00e8736b in
> Context::ContextView::addCollapseAnimation(QAbstractAnimation*) () from
> /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1

But you are lucky, this is a known bug so no need to paste another
backtrace. While the bug is solved already in the upcoming Amarok 2.5,
to be released next week, you can workaround the problem by erasing
the amarok* files located in $HOME/.kde/share/config/ (depending on
the distribution this might be in $HOME/.kde4/share/config/

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org