Bad playlist entries for FLAC files when CUE is present

Bob Bell b_amarok at thebellsplace.com
Thu Apr 21 00:56:15 UTC 2011

Apologies if this is a well known problem, but I can't find this exact
problem reported.

I am running Amarok 2.3.2 on Ubuntu 10.10.  It supports MP3 and OGG
files fine, but there's an issue when adding FLAC files to the playlist.

When I add a FLAC file to the playlist, the displayed track number and
name are from the last track in the directory, not the proper track.
The time displayed is accurate.

If I right-click on the playlist entry and choose "edit track details",
I get the wrong track name again.  The bit rate and sample rate are
"-1".  The size is "16.0 EiB".  The rating is "-0.5".  The format is
"Unknown".  The location is something like
"file:///samba/Music/%20Christian/Chris%20Rice/Chris%20Rice%20-%20What%20A%20Heart%20Is%20Beating%20For/07%20-%20Lemonade.flac:0-185000".
The tags are for the last file in the directory.  The BPM are "8e-321".

If I right-click the filename in the browser on the left and choose
"edit track details", all the information is correct.  The bit rate,
sample rate, size and rating all look reasonable.  The location is
something like "/samba/Music/ Christian/Chris Rice/Chris Rice - What
A Heart Is Beating For/07 - Lemonade.flac" (yeah, I'm real hard core).
The tags are all correct.  No BPM information is provided.

The file plays fine, but playback stops after the file, and I need to
manually press "Play" to continue to the next song in the playlist.

As I was researching this issue, I found another post where it was
suggested to run "amarok --debug --nofork".  I did so, and noticed that
it was querying the .cue file I had in the directory (my flacs were
created with rubyripper, which I configured to save a .cue file as
well), which I did not expect.  I tested the same process with the .cue
file removed, and Amarok added the file to the playlist without any of
the issues I'm mentioned.

Therefore, it does appear that the .cue file is some how to blame.  I've
saved the debug output from the time I entered the directory with the
FLAC and .cue files.  The result with the cue file present is at
http://n01se.net/paste/2R7.  The (succesful) result with the cue file
removed is at http://n01se.net/paste/ib8.  The cue file itself is at
http://n01se.net/paste/sPJk, if that helps.

I'd really like to get this resolved.  May I just don't understand
what's happening?  I'm happy to work on the issue with someone, if
that's what it takes.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

P.S. Please keep me Cc'd on replies, as I have not subscribed to the
list.