Amarok crashing problem

Marcel Hilzinger mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de
Fri Oct 15 15:58:24 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2010 05:05:10 schrieb Donn Washburn:
>   Hey Group;
>
> OpenSuSE 11.4v1 and kde4-0.9.svn1161677-1.1.i586 and/or that darn dbus
> or phonon garbage is causing problems with Amarok.  If I call it up from
> a icon or in a knosole GUI it goes past the bootsplash and then dies.
> However, I can beat it by using "strace -o amarok.err amarok --debug"
> and it works.  This is on any git or made version.  OpenSuSE's amarok is
> broken and will only see oggs but not mp3.  Anyone have a idea or a way
> to track it down or fix it.

https://bugzilla.novell.com/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided

(you will have to create a novell account for filing bugs).

Marcel

P.S. OpenSuses Amarok has no built in support for mp3 since years, so don't
expect the mp3-support to be fixed.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger

Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunner Str. 71, 81739 München, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 34 110, Fax: +49 89 99 34 1199
mhilzinger at linuxnewmedia.de - http://www.linuxnewmedia.de
Linux New Media, the Pulse of Open Source: Lawrence, KS - Málaga
Manchester - München - São Paulo - Warszawa