Amarok and OpenSuSE 11.4

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 14:10:50 UTC 2010

  Hey Amarok;

Very odd question.  OpenSuSE 11.4 with kvm and nouveau removed from the
kernel and a NV.run installed.  Works with Blender and FlightGear.
Amarok in KDE 4.4.4 has this unique problem.  That is from an icon or
command line GUI (konsole) it does make the Boot Splash then crashes.
However if I try "strace -o amarok.err amarok --debug"  Amarok comes up
and plays normal.  Could this be permission or timing.

Even with a new git version I have the same problem mentioned above.

I will say the the audio quality seems to be improved on this git
version.  More full fidelity

--

73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "