One collection, multiple computers

Ben K benkloester at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 22:43:58 UTC 2010

There was once a script that synced amarok playcounts from last.fm values,
but I think it was for 1.4.

The ideal way to deal with this would be to use a plugin-architecture for
things like tags and playcount (and possibly rating), and then the data can
be provided by and interface that abstracts either eg last.fm or the amarok
DB , or any other provider that keeps this kind of info.

With respect to ratings on last.fm I cheat and tag things "5stars" "4stars"
etc, though this is hardly ideal. There's also 'Love', which would seem to
match a 5 star rating, but that's not much use without other ratings.

Also, two way syncing of playcount from amarok to last.fm is a no-no if you
are scrobbling - you'd double count. One way syncing from lfm to Amarok is
sufficient given that Amarok scrobbles plays to lfm anyway.

2 way syncing of tags would be sweet, and I suspect could be achieved with a
script of some kind.