One collection, multiple computers

Colin Kern colin.kern at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 17:55:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Ben K <benkloester at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not open a last.fm account and import your current stats, then just make
> sure that all of your variaous installations of amarok scrobble? Then you'll
> have play statistics from all your players/devices in the one place.

I have a last.fm account that I've been using for years, and this
would be an almost perfect solution IF I could use those statistics
stored on last.fm in Amarok's dynamic playlists and automatic playlist
generator. But as far as I can tell, that's not possible.  If Amarok
kept its local play count synced with my last.fm's play count, and
also mirrored last.fm tags with local labels (both of these should
ideally be a two-way syncing), that would be great!  But even then,
you can't store ratings on last.fm :(

Thanks,
Colin