Scripting questions

Nikhil Marathe nsm.nikhil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 09:59:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Christian Kreibich <christian at whoop.org> wrote:
>      * Also, is there a manual for scripting applets? I have only found
>        scattered mentionings that this is possible and a plasmoid code
>        snippet [1] from quite a while ago. It suggests the applets are
>        effectively just embedded plasmoids -- is that right?
>
> [1] http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/1017-time-to-take-it-away.html

Yes, the Context View applets are all plasmoids, and as such most of
the basic Plasmoid JavaScript API should be available for you.
In addition Amarok provides certain APIs to get details like currently
playing song and so on. See

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/Scripting_HowTo_2.0

In addition the classes in amarok/src/scriptengine/ usually have
one-to-one mappings in the JS environment, so they can serve as some
idea of a reference, and amarok/src/dialogs/ScriptManager.cpp
::startScriptEngine() introduces various Amarok components into JS, eg
Amarok.Engine, Amarok.Importer, Amarok.Lyrics, so you can refer to
that for a starting point.

Nikhil

Nikhil