Amarok Digest, Vol 49, Issue 8

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:05:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

>> 2) I am using the xine backend, however, the Equalizer menu option is
>> greyed out. How can I enable it?
>
> By updating phonon. Karmic's phonon is probably simply too old to
> support equalizers. Lucid's (10.04) phonon should do it (but I don't
> use k/ubuntu myself, so I might be mistaken).

Till Lucid was released, I was on Karmic, and I was able to use the
Equalizer on Karmic (don't remember the Amarok version that I was on).
 I used the kubuntu-beta and kubuntu-backports PPAs from Launchpad.
You might want to try adding them to your 3rd party sources.

Ninad S. Pundalik
Twitter: @ni_nad | Identica : @ninad | http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2DF7 B856 C75E C9F9 0504 C0EF D456 1946 7C45 2C69