Amarok 2.1.1 and iPods

Jay C Vollmer jvollmer at visi.com
Sat May 8 02:40:20 UTC 2010

Hello all.

I've recently installed openSUSE 11.2 and have a question about the
interface of Amarok.  Previously I had been using KDE3.5 on openSUSE 11.0
and I think it was Amarok 1.9.

In my previous experience with Amarok, when I would use it to load
podcasts onto my iPod, I could simply right-click on the podcast and
indicate that the file should be placed in the  Device Queue.  Once
the queue is full, I would hit the Transfer button and everything in the
queue would be moved into the iPod.

Now just as I'm getting used to KDE4.3.5, I discover that I can't figure
out how to load podcasts into my iPod using the new Amarok (version
2.1.1.)

I had no trouble figuring out how to download my favorite podcasts, but I
can't figure out how to get them from there into my iPod.  I don't see any
sign of a Transfer Queue.

I thought that the previous Amarok interface was very well thought out and
I guess that I expected the newer version to be similar.  I have to assume
that I must be colossally stupid for being unable to figure this out.  Is
there someone out there who can help me out by telling me how to do this?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

--
JAY VOLLMER
Il n'y a aucune honte en étant un paria.