Sound faults in Version 2.3.0 w/ Debian Squeeze

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Mar 29 13:28:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:15:38 +0100
Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> > Amarok 2.3.0 is working well for me, but I think I'm using the Xine
> > backend. I'm wondering whether there is any benefit to switching to
> > the phonon stuff, although F12 does have the phonon-backend
> > packages for both -gstreamer and -xine.
>
> I presume you mean "pulseaudio stuff" above? If so, the way I've
> integrated PA support into phonon is not as a specific backend but to
> make both the gstreamer and xine (and now vlc too) backends aware of
> pulseaudio and obtain nice device listings and hand over device
> priority preferences to the pulseaudio layer.

Yes, I did mean that. Sorry!

I have been using PA for some time now, and generally find it works
very well. Having separate volume settings per application is the
reason why, and it is working well for me.

Thanks for your post, when I get a chance I'll read up more on it and
follow the links offered.

--

Brian Morrison