Broken track progression: Known issue

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Mar 28 08:25:11 UTC 2010

Hey all,

if you are using Phonon-xine and Amarok from Git Master, you will
notice that Amarok stops advancing to the next track. This is a
temporary side effect of a fix I did to make Phonon-VLC work.

Basically, due to xine's various bugs, we had to add so many
workarounds (a.k.a. hacks) in EngineController that it only worked
with xine, but didn't work with any other Phonon backend. So I'm
trying to clean this up now by removing most of the bizarre hacks.
I'll try to fix this issue with Phonon-xine today, so that it works
with all backends.

For the moment, you could do this to make to make it work again with xine:

"git revert ee9792e774e2d0fd968819dc2719922ba8cf1b2b"

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer