Sound faults in Version 2.3.0 w/ Debian Squeeze

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 27 18:39:04 UTC 2010

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> On 03/27/2010 01:18 PM, AG wrote:
>
>> Hi List
>>
>> In v.2.3.0. on an up to date Debian Squeeze (testing) box, after one or
>> two songs, Amarok just quits playing a sound.  The progress bar
>> continues to move, and everything else seems to work, except there is no
>> audio output.  When I quit and re-open Amarok, things are fine for one
>> or two songs, and then it quits playing the audio track.
>>
>> Has this been noticed by others or is it a local issue?  If the latter,
>> any ideas of how I can approach fixing this issue?
>>

> "AG",
>
> Do you know what Phonon backend your system is using?
>
> Thanks,
> "JM"

Dear "JM"

 From Settings/ Configure Amarok/ Playback/ Sound System Configuration/
Configure Phonon the output device preference for the 'Music' Category
is set as HDA NVidia (ALC888 Analog).  This would be consistent with a
listing of my PCI Devices, the audio device is nVidia Corp MCP61 High
Def Audio.

The output device pref has the nVidia device listed as the first in the
list ... presumably the default?  Following this is a listing for
PulseAudio.

I think that all is aligned, the Amarok setting appears to be calling
the correct device, but perhaps it is not this obvious?

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

AG